GMAT/GRE Waiver Request Criteria
The McCoy College of Business Administration requires applicants to submit valid GMAT or GRE scores as a component their application for all graduate business programs (MBA, MAcy, MSAIT and MSHRM). Exceptional exam scores are a strong indication of future success in graduate school.
There are two possible exceptions to the GMAT/GRE requirement. The first is in situations where a student holds an advanced degree from an accredited US college or university. The second is when an applicant has an above-average GMAT or GRE score that falls only slightly outside the 5-year expiration date.
Advanced Degree Exception
- Applicant holds an advanced degree (masters, Ph.D., MD, etc.)
- Earned from an regionally accredited college or university
- Earned in the United States
Expiration Date Exception
- Applicant must have taken the GMAT or GRE
- Scores must meet or exceed current McCoy incoming class averages (click here to view current class profile)
- Reasonable proof of scores must be provided (official reports from either GMAC or ETS)
- At the time of application, scores must be no more than 7 months beyond the 5-year expiration date