Participating in an internship within the McCoy Full-Time Cohort MBA, Flex MBA or MSHRM program is a great way to gain real-world experience. It also affords you the opportunity to expand your professional network and, for some students, transition into full-time employment.
Internships for credit within the McCoy MBA or MSHRM programs require enrollment in MGT-5395. This class requires instructor approval. Once approved, your internship must provide at least 200 documented work hours. Students are also required to submit weekly reports, a final paper and an employer evaluation.
In order to be considered for MGT-5395 you must:
- Be enrolled in the Full-Time Cohort MBA program, Flex MBA program or MSHRM program
- Have 12* credit-hours completed towards your degree (*this requirement may be reduced to nine hours if your undergraduate degree was in a business discipline)
- Have a graduate GPA of at least 3.0 and be in good academic standing (not on academic probation)
- Enroll in no more than two (2) additional courses during the semester you are performing your internship
If you are ready to start the internship approval process, please submit the following:
- MGT-5395 Internship Application
- Detailed job description
- Offer letter or email which clearly shows the internship opportunity has been extended to you
The link to the MGT-5395 Internship Application Form (above) should be submitted well in advance of the registration deadline for the semester in which you plan on doing the internship. The job description and offer letter can either be attached to the application form or you can email them to the instructor, MBA Program Director Matt Painter, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduate internships should provide a true graduate-level experience.
Internships with any of the following characteristics should not be submitted for evaluation, as they do not meet the standards for course credit within MGT-5395:
- Company with less than 10 full-time employees
- Company which has been in operation for less than a year
- Company which your family owns, runs or manages
- Company which asks you to draft your job description
- Supervisor who is related to you
- Direct-sales type tasks
- Work-from-home, "telecommunting", or other structures which do not require you to be physically at work at your employer's location
- Self-directed projects with little guidance
- Tasks which are broad and/or vague ("Develop a new marketing plan") ("Other duties as assigned")
- Low-level clerical, administrative, or facility maintenance tasks
The following internship opportunities are currently available. Each job description contains contact information for the company/entity. If you are interested in one of these internships please make contact with the company directly.